Aloe Vera for Acne Treatment
What is Acne?
- Acne vulgaris which is commonly called as Acne or Pimple is a kind of skin disease. In this disease the skin is affected and contains small papules.
- Some of these papules cause inflammation while some are non-inflammatory.
- It commonly affects the regions of face and neck or the areas which are dense in sebaceous glands.
- This acne erupts and causes infection in the surrounding areas and spreads more.
- It leaves scars and marks or causes irritation to the skin.
- A wide variety of herbal medicines are used in the treatment of acne. The most popular and most commonly used is aloe vera.
Aloe Vera Gel in the Treatment of Acne
- Usually aloe vera gel is used in the treatment of acne. Aloe vera gel is the fleshy sap inside the aloe vera leaf.
- This gel is used in the topical application on the skin which is affected by acne.
- Aloe vera gel prevents the eruption of the acne and infections caused by it.
- It also prevents the acne from spreading.
- One of the reasons of acne is dandruff. Aloe vera can be used to cure dandruff and thus prevent acne. Applying aloe vera to the scalp reduces dandruff.
- Aloe vera detoxifies the skin.
- It has natural cleansing properties. It is used in combination with glycerin to clean the skin.
- Aloe vera can also be used by people who are not suffering from acne problems as a preventive measure.
How to Use Aloe Vera Gel?
- You just need to cut out the outer cover of the leaf. You will find the fleshy jelly like substance inside it. Remove it and apply to the skin. This is the easiest way of using aloe vera gel in treating acne.
- You can prepare homemade face masks using aloe vera gel. You can mix it with orange powder, egg yolk, etc.
Aloe Vera Juice in the Treatment of Acne
- Aloe vera helps in removing the dead cells or dead tissue from the skin and promoting growth of new tissue.
- Aloe Vera juice can also be used in the treatment of acne. Aloe vera juice helps in the purification of blood and flushing of dead cells out of the body.
- Impure blood is also one of the causes of acne.
How to use Aloe Vera Juice?
- Cut out the outer covering of the leaf.
- Let the yellow liquid flow out of it for some time. This is latex which should not be used in aloe vera juice. Its consumption may cause some serious problems.
- Now grind the gel and drink it.
- This juice turns out to be more beneficial if you drink it early morning.
Many cosmetic manufacturers are using aloe vera in their Acne treatment products. They include aloe vera face wash, aloe vera cream, aloe vera gel. These are also beneficial in Acne treatment.