Aloe Vera for IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Aloe vera is used in the treatment of IBS which is Irritable Bowel Syndrome. In this Aloe vera is used in the form of juice. It is a herbal miracle for curing a number of diseases which cannot be cured by many of the modern drugs. It is actually used as a supplement along with other drugs in IBS. But, people who are already using drugs for diabetes, irregular heartbeats, drugs which decrease the level of potassium in the body should not drink Aloe vera juice.
What is Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome is caused because of unhealthy food habits and improper movement of bowels.
- In IBS the patient suffers from inflammation in the large intestine, small intestine and the gut.
- Other symptoms of IBS are constipation, diarrhea, bloating, fatigue, abnormalities in immune system, headache, etc.
- IBS is actually the combination of Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
- In Ulcerative colitis, ulcers or open sores are developed in the colon which is also called as large intestine.
- In Crohn's disease any part of the gastrointestinal track may be affected or develop sores this may include from mouth to anus.
- IBS is actually caused because of improper cleansing of the colon or digestive track.
- In worst cases IBS may also cause Vomiting and weight loss.
Aloe vera for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Aloe vera contains laxative agents. These laxative agents help in proper digestion and cleansing of the digestive track.
- Although it does not cure the pain entirely, it gives a relief from pain and makes the condition bearable.
- Aloe vera also has anti-inflammatory properties, so it can also cure the inflammation caused in this disease.
- Aloe vera juice is to be taken in this case. This juice is more beneficial if taken early in the morning. You can prepare the juice at home from the Aloe vera available in your garden.
- This juice should not be taken in excess. You may take 2 teaspoons of this juice diluted with water.
- It will help in cleansing the digestive track infected by harmful bacteria and also kills these bacteria.
- It also helps in flushing the dead cells or tissue from the intestine and growth of new tissue.
- Excess intake of Aloe vera juice should be avoided as this may also cause constipation and laxative dependency.
- Aloe Forex is extracted from Aloe vera to make laxative medicines or medicines to cure IBS.
- Aloeride tablets made by using Aloe vera are found to be more effective. They give relief from the pain.
- You will also get ready made Aloe vera juice in the market. You can also use them.
- People who are not suffering from IBS can also drink Aloe vera juice. Because it can help you in cleansing of the gut and intestine and serve as a preventive measure for IBS.
Thus Aloe vera forms a very effective measure in giving a great relief from IBS.