Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is a medicinal plant belonging to species aloe. It is widely used for many purposes. This plant mainly consists of two constituents inside it; they are aloe vera gel and aloe vera latex. Both these constituents have their own uses. How would you distinguish between gel of aloe vera and latex of aloe vera?
Aloe vera latex is the green-colored liquid present exactly beneath the leaf covering. This liquid is greenish yellow in color. It is present is very less amount. It tastes bitter. This is usually used in the preparation of laxative agents.
This gel is the fleshy translucent substance. This is present in bulk amount inside the aloe vera leaves. This is usually tasteless, but gets some bitter taste because of the aloe vera latex. This gel is used for topical applications and also to prepare juices to drink. The properties and uses of aloe vera gel are -
Properties of aloe vera Gel
- Gel of aloe vera is very good cleansing agent that helps in cleaning the dead tissue on the skin and helps in the growth of new tissue. It is also a good natural moisturizing agent.
- Gel of aloe vera has anti-analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in reducing the pain.
- This gel can also be used as an anti-fungal agent.
- This gel is very helpful in stimulating immune system.
- It also prevents growth of viruses and is a very effective clotting agent.
- It is a very good lubricating agent.
Uses of aloe vera Gel:
- Fresh aloe gel is used to apply on the wounds, cuts, stretch marks, scratches, sunburns, rashes, etc. aloe vera has healing properties. It can heal minor skin-related problems.
- It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and helps in curing inflammation. Aloe vera also helps in soothing the pain caused by the wounds. But, in case of sever wounds aloe vera gel should not be applied.
- Gel of aloe vera is used in disinfecting the gums and mouth.
- It is used in the form of juice to stimulate the immune system, lubricating bones, purifying blood, cleaning the stomach, etc.
- Gel of aloe vera is applied to the facial tissue to reduce wrinkles, marks, acne and cleansing the skin.
- Aloe vera can also be applied on the wounds which are not severe to clot the blood.
- Aloe vera moisturizes the skin when applied on regular basis. It acts as a conditioner when applied to hair.
- Aloe gel is used in the preparation of beverages, beauty products, soaps, shampoos, medicines, etc. How to use aloe vera Gel?
- You can use the aloe gel that you directly get from the aloe vera plant. For this you have to cut a leaf from the aloe vera plant. Wash it. Cut the external covering with a knife. You will get a fleshy mass inside, this is the gel of aloe vera. Cut it into cubes and apply.
- If you want to prepare juice out of aloe gel then you have to repeat the above process, but before cutting it into cubes hold it in your hand for some time so that the green liquid which is aloe Latex flows out for some time. This aloe latex should not be included in excess because it causes some side effects.
- You will also get aloe vera gels in the market. These are stabilized to last for a longer period. You can also use them if you don't have aloe vera plant in your garden.