Aloe Vera Jojoba
We have heard about aloe vera and its uses a lot. We are aware that aloe vera is a very useful herb. You will be able to find a lot of information regarding aloe vera in this site and also various forms in which aloe vera can be used. Aloe vera can be mixed with other useful herbs and oils for better results. How can this be done? Browse and find out. Now let us look at aloe vera jojoba.
Jojoba oil is considered an elixir of skin and hair. Jojoba oil is very similar to sebum. (Sebum is a natural oil that our skin produces to keep it moist.) This too is a desert plant found mainly in Arizona. It is a liquid wax. Unlike fats, this has the quality to moisturize the skin without clogging it. It allows the skin to breathe, but protects it from all the pollutants.
Jojoba is widely used in many cosmetic companies as an ingredient in their products. It is used as skin and hair moisturizer that does not give an oily feel.
Uses of Jojoba Oil for Skin:
- as a natural sunscreen oil
- to moisturize dry skin, hands, lips, cuticles and nails
- as a body lubricant and massage oil
- to soften skin and reduce lines and wrinkles
- for acne, psoriasis and minor skin disorders
- to reduce scarring and stretch marks
- after shave skin conditioner
Uses of Jojoba Oil for Hair:
- for dandruff and scalp problems
- for dry, damaged hair
- to dissolve excess sebum for stimulating healthy hair growth
- to cleanse and stimulate the scalp before washing hair with a shampoo
- it conditions the hair and prevents it from becoming brittle and dull when exposed to unfavorable conditions
- it exhibits a matchless keratoplastic effect which leaves the hair shimmering and brings out the hair`s natural colour overtones and brilliance
Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil
Aloe vera is mixed with jojoba oil to give skin and hair a healthy shine and sheen. The usefulness of this mixture has been proved through many tests and researches. Both aloe vera and jojoba oil has deep penetrating properties. And jojoba oil, being a liquid wax, moisturizes the skin without drenching it in oil. Aloe vera can now do its job of healing, softening and nourishing.
There are many products available in the market containing aloe vera and jojoba oil as its ingredients:
- Aloe vera and jojoba hair conditioner
- Aloe vera and jojoba cleanser
- Aloe vera and jojoba moisturizer
- Aloe vera and jojoba lotion
Easy Recipe for Hair Conditioner
This hair conditioner is both easy to make and use. This has to be used as an after-wash conditioner. Wash the gel off with water after use. Use any herbal shampoo and apply this conditioner for 3 minutes and then rinse off. Do not use this as a leave on conditioner, because this mixture may attract dirt.
2 table spoons of jojoba oil
1/2 cup aloe vera gel
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Refrigerate for further use