Aloe Vera Side Effects
Aloe vera has a large number of benefits ranging from skin care to medicinal uses. It also has some side effects which may be caused in certain conditions. We find many people allergic to certain drugs, skin care products and even to some vegetables and medicinal herbs. However, pure aloe vera has very few side effects.
Aloe vera when used in the processed form may lead to reactions or certain major complications.
- Aloe vera can cause both topical as well as internal side effects.
- Aloe Vera may cause allergy to people who are allergic to aloe.
- Itching or a mild rash may be developed on the skin if aloe vera is applied on the skin of the people who are allergic to aloe.
- Aloe vera helps in promoting hair growth and reduces dandruff. But in certain cases, it is found that application of Aloe Vera has increased hair fall.
- Aloe vera contains two products, aloe latex and aloe gel. Aloe latex is the yellow colored liquid found just beneath the leaf covering and aloe gel is the fleshy matter.
Aloe vera gel usually has no side effects, but aloe latex has a lot of side effects. They are as follows:
- This aloe latex contains laxative agents
- If products containing aloe latex are consumed, they may make the urine red
- So if products which should not contain aloe latex contain it because of improper refining, it may cause abdominal pain or cramps and constipation
- If pregnant woman consume such products it will cause uterine contraction and miscarriage
- This aloe latex is also responsible for reducing potassium level in the body
- Aloe Vera should not be used in combination with the drugs that help to lower the body's potassium level, because aloe vera may boost their action and lead into excess loss of potassium from the body. This will cause into gradual decrease of heart rate or heart failure
- Aloe vera should not be used by the people who suffer from irregular heart beats
- Aloe latex may also cause severe pain in the stomach Side Effects of Aloe Vera gel
- Some aloe vera gels can also cause swelling of mouth, face, lips, tongue
- They may also cause rash and irritation to the skin. In such cases you should immediately consult the doctor
Side Effects of Aloe Vera Spray
Aloe Vera is also available in the form of spray. It may cause the following side effects.