Recipes of Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a medicinal plant. It has got a lot of importance in medicinal researches and is also used in cooking a variety of recipes. They include juice, deserts, sweet dishes and jellies. Aloe vera is bitter in taste so, most of the times it is preferred to make something sweet out of it. Aloe vera helps in proper digestion and weight loss. Its intake helps fight against many health problems. Aloe vera can be eaten directly. But, because of its bitterness people avoid eating it directly. So, some alternatives have been found to make it tastier. The external thick covering of the aloe vera leaves is not used in cooking.
Only the internal fleshy substance is used for cooking. Fresh aloe vera is used for this purpose. You may cultivate aloe vera at your home for this purpose, because we rarely find raw aloe vera in the market. You will find the stabilized aloe vera gel in the market, you may use it. But the fresh aloe vera is more nutritive than the preserved one and should be mostly preferred for intake purpose. You can also prepare homemade aloe vera recipes for beauty treatments. You will also find cook books for aloe vera recipes.
Few of the aloe vera recipes are as listed below:
- The simplest way of eating aloe vera is by peeling off the external thick cover of the aloe vera leaves using a knife.
- Cut the internal sap into small pieces.
- Add some sugar to it and eat.
- Eating this daily in the morning will help in curing and preventing disorders related to stomach and enable better metabolism.
Aloe Vera Juice
- Take two to three aloe vera leaves. Wash them
- Cut the internal fleshy matter of aloe vera. Do not wash this
- Now, cook this fleshy matter until it melts
- When it starts melting add some two to three teaspoons of sugar to it
- Add some lime juice to it
- Allow it to cool for some time
- When cooled deepfreeze it and drink it. This tastes yummy and is also very nutritive
- This aloe vera juice can be stored for many days as sugar and lime juice act as stabilizers and keeps the juice fresh for many days.
- This juice can also be added to fruit salads. It is very much liked when added to apple.
- This aloe vera juice can also be added to fruit juices when preparing cocktails
Aloe Vera Beauty Recipe
Aloe Vera Face Mask
- Take some aloe vera leaves
- Separate the sap from it
- Grind that sap
- Take some dried peel of orange and grind it or you may take orange powder
- Mix both aloe vera pulp and the orange powder and add two to three drops of glycerin to it
- Now, apply this face pack to your face and allow it to dry for ten to fifteen minutes. Wash it with cold water. Get glowing and fresh skin
- Some people are allergic to aloe vera