Uses of Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is used for many purposes. Most people usually don't believe that such a small and ordinary looking plant which grows in any kind of harsh climatic conditions has so many uses. The first written account of the uses of aloe vera is found in 'De Materia Medica' written by the physician Dioscorides. It was written in 41AD. From then till now, the scientists have been researching to explore the uses of aloe vera. Aloe vera has a variety of uses like beauty products, medicinal uses, commercial uses, and cooking.
- Treatment of Acne - Aloe vera is the best natural acne remedy. It prevents the eruption of acne. It also helps in removing the toxins form it and preventing them from spreading
- Enhances Hair Growth - Aloe vera when applied to hair on regular basis enhances hair growth
- Cleansing Agent - When aloe Vera is mixed with glycerin in proper proportion and applied to the face, it helps in cleaning dead cells and retaining moisture of the skin
- Dandruff treatment - Aloe vera acts as an anti-fungal agent and is applied to the scalp to reduce dandruff. Aloe vera can also be used as a natural conditioner for hair
- Reduce Pigmentation -Aloe vera helps in lightening the skin and reduces skin pigmentation
- Wrinkles can also be reduced by applying aloe vera gel
- Aloe vera is a boom for medical science. Various nutrients are extracted from aloe vera to manufacture medicines.
It is also used as herbal medicine to cure various disorders since ancient times. Some of the medicinal uses of aloe vera are as listed below
- Aloe vera is used as a medicine both orally and topically
- Aloe vera is used in many beauty products like gels, face wash, face creams, shampoos, etc
- Aloe vera acts as an anti inflammatory agent
- Aloe vera helps in curing burns and heals when applied on the wounds
- Aloe vera acts as a laxative agent. It helps in proper movement of bowels and proper digestion of food
- Aloe vera prevents the growth of cancerous tumors and helps in blood purification
- It is also used in the treatment of HIV
- Aloe vera helps in reducing arthritis. It promotes the growth of synovial fluid between the joints.
- Because of so many uses of aloe vera, it has gained a lot of commercial importance. As it is gaining commercial importance, it is cultivated on a large scale.
- Aloe vera is used in manufacturing many products for curing skin diseases and scalp diseases
- Various techniques are used to separate the rind and aloin and stabilizing the gel for increasing its stability.
- Products containing aloe vera are in great demand nowadays
- Aloe vera is used in manufacturing many medicines to cure disorders related to stomach and blood
- Aloe vera is used in cooking a variety of recipes.
- It is also taken as juice and in deserts